Joining the Beekeepers' Guild is a great way to meet other people who share the same interest. You will have the opportunity to attend an educational program each month and participate in an open forum where you may pose your beekeeping questions to a group for discussion.
Other benefits of a Beekeepers Guild of Southeast Virginia membership include:
- An opportunity to get acquainted with bees before committing to beekeeping
- Beekeeping Short Course for Beginners every spring
- Monthly newsletter, The Bee Line
- Educational workshops
- Mentor program to help new beekeepers become successful
- Opportunities to participate in local and regional beekeeping events
- Notifications to pick up local honey bee swarms
- Instructional field days in the bee yard
- Use of club property, including our motorized honey extractor
- Discounted subscriptions to leading bee journals
- Outlets for selling honey and hive products
- Opportunities to purchase local nucleus hives
- Quantity discounts on group orders of beekeeping equipment and queen bees
- Social events throughout the year
An individual or family Guild membership is $20 per year. An optional membership in the Virginia State Beekeepers Association is an additional $10.
NOTE: An additional convenience fee is charged if using PayPal for payment.
We welcome anybody with an interest in honey bees, whether you are currently a beekeeper or not!